[AusNOG] What does an IPv6 broadband service look like?

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Aug 3 22:26:23 EST 2008

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 09:14:30PM +0930, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:
> Scott Howard wrote:
> > InterNode are doing consumer IPv6, both native and tunneled.
> Tunnelled - native at some point in the not too distant future.
> > Speaking with a vendor hat on the subject of this thread is probably
> > as much as anything what's holding things back - until we know what
> > real-world IPv6 deployments look like it's hard to architect a
> > product. eg, consider a spam RBL - today many of them work at the
> > individual IP address level, but is that still valid if ISPs start
> > handing out a million IPv6 addresses to each subscriber?
> >
> There's an interesting can of worms - just send spam for a different
> IPv6 address every time. Hmm - a smart spammer at the moment would be
> buying dual stack transit.

uce-protect.net registers per IP address, per IP block and per AS
number.

Use your MTA "per IP address", use Spam Assassin "per IP block" and
you'll be fine.

Not sure if they support IPv6 addresses in their database yet though :-P

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/