[AusNOG] OT: How to build a submarine cable...

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Tue Apr 22 11:31:17 EST 2008

Guys,

As you maybe aware, we have launched our PIPE International website.
We've decided to do something a little different and that is undertake
the construction in an open and transparent manner.

We have included:

- a daily blog
http://pipeinternational.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&Itemid=65
- Progress table
http://pipeinternational.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&i
d=22&Itemid=66
- Discussion Forum
http://pipeinternational.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=64
- Photo and video gallery
http://www.pipeinternational.com/index.php?option=com_expose&Itemid=60

PPC-1 is an exciting development for competitive international
transmission into Australia and we have decided to go the 'open' route
in order to provide interested parties the ability to check out how the
system is progressing and to ask any questions you may have.  Anyway,
thought you might be interested in how to build a submarine cable...

Cheers

Bevan Slattery