[AusNOG] FW: APNIC training: Sydney Australia, 30 April - 2 May 2008

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Wed Apr 9 10:36:44 EST 2008

Barrie Hall wrote:
> Very highly recommended if you can make it. I took my team up to Brisbane for this course last
> year and we all came away with a new appreciation of the challenges ahead in terms of networks
> and particulaly applications.

Yeah - the network bit isn't _that_ hard.  It's making all the bits that
make a complete system work that's hard.

(eg.  Mail, Internal Radius systems/CRM Systems, billing systems, LI,
Webhosting, DNS, load balancing etc.   All of these on a large ISP scale
are much harder than just a single box linux machine).

Heck, reverse DNS for IPv6 space is it's own exciting challenge.

MMC

--
Matthew Moyle-Croft - Internode/Agile - Networks
Level 3, 132 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia

      "The difficulty lies, not in the new ideas, but in escaping from the old ones" - John Maynard Keynes