[AusNOG] [sorbs-announce] Public Servers needed.

Ian Manners 2600 at comkal.com.au
Wed Oct 31 14:37:25 EST 2007

Forwarded with Matthew's permission on the off chance
someone /company is willing to help with a valuable service.

============= Start Forward ==============
All,

If you are using the SORBS public servers, please do not use them for
scripted mass lookups or you will be blocked.

To a certain *.tw user, I know you have done it before, I know you are
doing it again, if you do not stop I will block you from accessing
anything SORBS related.  STOP using  the SORBS public servers
to check your entire address space!

If any ISPs in *.au has hosting available or is willing to install and
maintain a DSL line or 2 into my home, I am in desperately in need of
new DNS servers in Australia.  The only DNS server in Australia is now
sucking a near constant 5M/s and bursts to 20M/s (especially with the
idiot in *.tw running scripted lookups).  I need more APAC servers to
keep the service free (and no I can't justify adding the the $1000/mo
bills to my wife to add DSL lines above what I already have).

If you have hosting available in APAC - particularly Australia, I have
2,3,4,6 & 12 RU servers and 30+ 2RU desktop form servers (Sun Ultra 5's)
that make excellent DNS servers, I can host them in my Server room (at
home, with some 15kva of UPS + Generator backup) in Dunlop ACT, or I can
ship them anywhere within APAC for hosting.

Please help keep SORBS free for all.

Regards,

Matthew

Cheers
Ian B Manners

The trouble with work is - it's so daily.