[AusNOG] APNIC EC Elections

Nick Hannaford nick.hannaford at telstra.net
Tue Feb 27 14:20:31 EST 2007

Greetings all,

As you may be aware, on-line voting for the APNIC Executive Council
elections is up and running and closes tomorrow morning.

https://my.apnic.net/voting

I urge all APNIC members to vote, as we are now heading into a period of
uncertainty with the global unallocated IPv4 pool now starting to become
quite shallow.

As the only Australian (and there are no Kiwis either) on the list of
candidates, can I ask you to consider voting for me.  I would like to bring
the voice of ISPs to the APNIC EC, as traditionally ISPs are the silent
majority on issues, while the
Australian and New Zealand ISP group is a significant proportion of the
APNIC membership.

I'm not one for self promotion but I believe we need to be involved with the
run-out process of IPv4 address allocations to ensure that the ISPs in our
region aren't unfairly treated during the final rounds of allocations.

Thanks for your time
Nick Hannaford
Nick.hannaford at telstra.net

Disclaimer: The views I share do not necessarily reflect those of my
employer.