[AusNOG] Datacenters Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane

John Lindsay jlindsay at internode.com.au
Tue Oct 10 10:44:53 EST 2006

AAPT are unhappy about allowing other carriers providing services to
AAPT's customers (and those customer's customers).

What this means is if you colo at AAPT and want to use Pipe or even Optus
to get a circuit to somewhere else you have a problem.

In my humble opinion getting the hell out of AAPT colos is a very sensible
action.  It is not a suitable place to be unless you are a 100% AAPT
customer.  Since AAPT's can't reach places like GlobalSwitch in Sydney on
their network you're pretty much stuffed if you want to do anything
smart.

AAPT have kicked Internode/Agile (that's us) out of their facilities in no
uncertain terms.  Several AAPT customers who are also Internode
customers have followed us out.

jsl

(sent from my shell account from a hotel room with insufficient bandwidth)