[AusNOG] Domestic Routes

Stephen Baxter Stephen.Baxter at staff.pipenetworks.com
Fri May 12 11:58:21 EST 2006

Try the connect.com.au (AAPT) BGP feed, do they still tag routes with
their supposed origin ?

http://info.connect.com.au/docs/routing/general/multi-faq.shtml

Private Communities

Private communities are used internally to the AAPT network to control
routing announcements. There are two main classes of private community
and although customers cannot set these communities their meaning may be
useful when using the AAPT "Looking Glass" to diagnose problems.

Class of route
    Communities 2764:65408 to 2764:65412 indicate the "basic" location
of the origin of the route and are used to determine which routes are
sent to a customer (based on their routing table type request).

    2764:65408 	Route originated by AAPT or a AAPT customer
    2764:65409 or 2764:65410 	Route originated within Australia i.e.
Telstra, Optus, MCI etc..
    2764:65412 	Route reachable via the USA

--
Stephen Baxter
Technical Director/Co-Founder - PIPE Networks (ASX:PWK)

Winner Australian Telecommunications Users Group:

- 2006 for 'Carrier of the Year'
- 2005 for 'Best Communication Solution for Large Business'

Peering,IX points and dark fiber in Australia.
Largest peering network downunder.

phone : 07 3233 9800
fax   : 07 3220 1800
web   : www.pipenetworks.com