[AusNOG] IPv6 in AU

Terry Manderson terry at apnic.net
Fri Apr 21 12:57:14 EST 2006

Hi Operators,

Given that the next year release of Vista will have
IPv6 enabled by default, and I suspect the mass
market use of windows vista will drive a stronger
message about the adoption of IPv6(*). What development
work is being done within the network space companies
in AU?

Are people considering it? any trials in
Lab constructs? too hard basket?

.. or is it a situation of for most people of
"well I'm going to wait and see what happens and
when the customer base start asking, I'll start
investigating.."

I'm aware of some work here and there, in
academia and others, but I'd like to hear about
the 'rest' of 'us'.

(*) not withstanding that various other OSs are
already in IPv6 well and truly.

Cheers
Terry
--
Terry Manderson,  Snr Systems & Network Architect
    APNIC Secretariat        http://www.apnic.net